Thursday, August 16, 2018

Gods Love Versus Motherly Love

I am a mom of 5 kids.

I wasn't sure I even understood what being a mother was when I had my first child.

The love that transpired between me and that child was super natural. Its something I never grasped fully. Even now as 4 of my 5 children are now adults. 

I love each one of them as if they were my ONLY child and that I had spend every moment with them ...and them ONLY.

To know each one of your kids on such a deep level...

That didn't come by chance. It took work. It took time. It took many sleepless nights getting to know which cry meant they were hungry or which cry meant they were hurting.

It took spending time getting to know which colors were their favorite...at least for that week !

It took having long talks about what was making them happy or what was bringing about disappointments.

TIME with that child/and adult child was critical to getting to know them.

That got me thinking today.

God created us. 

God knows us ...knows whats best for us but He still wants a RELATIONSHIP with us. He knows whats causing the hurt and happiness but He still wants us to share it with Him.

I urge you to Read Psalm 139.

Not just skim it...Read it slowly and take in everything David is telling us.

Jeremiah 1:5

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; 
We know our kids but not to this depth...
But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. .

..






This depth of love and "knowing" , coming from the Creator of the Universe and all that is seen and Unseen...is special.
When is the last time you have spoken to Him.
Or read some of His word?
We all want to be understood and sometimes we feel we are missing "pieces" in our heart and sometimes it could just mean that a relationship with God is what we are missing.

He's always there! 
Always ready to hear from us.
Lines aren't busy.
Internet outages won't cause a delay in reaching Him.
Even if your electricity or cable goes out...you can still have a conversation with Him that has no lag!
Have a conversation with Him today!

No comments: