Friday, September 14, 2007

A beautiful poem

This poem I am posting is written by the grandaughter of a dear friend who teaches for a school in Chennai India. Her grandaughter is only like 13 or 14 years old at the most....what a talent.



The Faithful and Wise Servant

There's dishes piled in the sink,
And laundry left to fold,
The table isn't fully cleared
Of breakfast that is cold.

Throughout the day there's chores to do
That often can be fun,
But there are days when any job
Seems dull to anyone.

These jobs seem unimportant now,
So easy to let slip,
To set aside for later time,
Then carelessly forget.

The foolish servant idly said,
"My Lord delayeth to come;
Those needful things? Some other time!
For now whatever I want."

Then as a thief would come at night,
Unhailed, his Lord returned;
He cast that slothful servant forth
To sorrow and to burn.

But to the servants who had watched,
Who faithfully had labored
In little things, He gave them much,
and blessed them with His favor.

So when I'm wishing I'd a more
Important job to do,
I remember if I'm faithful now,
I'll get the big jobs too.


~Nikki here....What thoughts for a young one to convey so beautifully.
My son Michael returns from Virginia Beach tomorrow!!! YAY!!!
He's been gone a month and its been such a very long month for his mother :)
I need to take some pictures of the house projects we are doing and let you see the home we bought a few months ago. It still has alot of work to do but the jobs require extra money and that we just don't have right now .
My daycare certification is moving along. My references recieved their letters in the mail that they must fill out and answer the questions the state is asking..not sure what the next step is after that but I still have to take a class to get my cpr and first aid certification and take a class in October as well.
Well, I'm off to my work for the day which consists of schooling, laundry, dishes, and I must remember, these are important jobs that I am doing for the Lord. Its a blessing to be home...
Love to you all
Nikki

No comments: