Thursday, July 10, 2008

What does a child need?

' A Child Needs.........'

We are products of our environment it is said
and from birth through life we are variously led

From infancy to childhood others are in charge
When you are little, others seem rather large.

A child needs benevolent and respectful care
As well as being taught to love and play fair.

If a child is taught to respect God and others
He will love himself and likewise his brothers.

Whether our childhood was nurturing or not
Comes the time when we must deal with our lot

The decisions we make will color our future
And show what we're made of as we mature.

If victory is to be won, it's upon God we trust
Knowing, loving and serving Him well we must.

Getting through life is hard enough we all know
Traveling with the Lord is the only sure way to go.

Guide the little ones in the ways of the Lord
So they, too, will praise Him, and to Him accord

All Honor, All Glory, and All Adoration
hearts full of joy and expectation,

toward the day of eternal jubilation
and
infinite exaltation.

(not sure where this came from but it showed up in my email and I keep goodies like this)

~~~Nikki here~~~~

Well, the beginning of a new school year will soon be upon alot of us. In Martins Ferry, Ohio school starts around August 19th....so I had to start thinking about my plans for this school year for Angel and Tony.
Their standardized tests have already been done and I'm waiting the return of those with their scores so I can send in a new form to the super's office to enroll them in homeschooling for yet another year.
I don't have to do this with Joey cause he is enrolled in The American School of Correspondence so really he isn't being "homeschooled" but taking distance learning classes.

This years school should be alot of fun.
I want mostly hands on type of things this year.
We are doing ALOT of dissecting for hands on science..and lots of field trips for history.
I am looking into some board games so the kids can have fun while learning language arts and going to get a list of books to read to them that will be interesting to them and fun for me too.

This year my goals for Angel and Tony is to get them to love learning again.
Science experiments...field trips....games....hands on stuff....that is what I'm hoping will do this plus at the same time satisfy the requirements for the state.
Nikki

1 comment:

jaci said...

I am so glad I live where no one sets "requirements" and I don't have to "enroll" my kids in homeschooling every year! We do have the dumb standardized testing requirements, but the last one required is at age 15 -- and Chrys is 17. I would like to know how the correspondence course is working - I may want to see if Chrystal would be interested in doing that! I love peeking in at your blog, btw. :)
from ccu...