Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday June 12th

Hello everyone!
This weekend packed a punch as we were all constantly busy.
You see, Saturday was Michael's high school graduation in Richmond, VA at the Richmond Convention Center. It was absolutely beautiful.
The whole focus was on God and the family and parents. I couldn't believe it.
It was nothing like my graduation was. His was much better and more meaningful.

So now, Michael is a graduate!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night was also graduate recognition night at Bayside. The congregation puts together a recognition night where parents write letters to the kids to be read by the youth minister. Well, some years, some parents choose to read their own letters. This year out of 10 graduates, I was the only one who CHOSE to read the letter to my son. REally, this event only happens once and I want to do it right. I had to stand up, with a mic and read two letters, one from me and one from Mike. Now , understand this, Mike wasn't present. He is deployed for 6 weeks but I held my composure(pretty well..anyway) and managed to get thru it. It was awesome and Michael got up and gave me a big hug.
Oh the joys of homeschooling....close relationship with you kids.....a family relationship with God that cannot be even measured!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Praise God for giving me and my family a wonderful weekend !!

No comments: