Friday, August 24, 2007

Teaching service to our children....long since forgotten teaching!

How can we sucessfully teach our children to get out of "themselves" and learn to be more of servants to others?

I would love to get comments on this question.

Alot of times, I hear that girls are good at this...girls write letters, send cards, draw pretty pictures....but what can boys do and how can we teach service to our children.

I wasn't brought up in the church and neither was my husband so we didn't have this teaching growing up and I want my children to understand this. Jesus talked very highly of serving others.

I want my kids to understand it ....geez, I need the lesson as well :)

Looking forward to the comments and ideas...

Ok, Don't be shy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nikki,
The car for sale is a black 2002 Honda Accord. It is a 4-door sedan with a sunroof, has a 2.3L 4-cylinder engine, a cassette deck and a single CD player. It has 59,000 miles (estimate) and runs great. I am asking $12,995.00 but would negotiate a little. I would like to keep it but with this endeavor to reach financial peace, it is something I can do without for now.

To answer your question about service, I would mention that I learned it by doing it. I fail often but I try to esteem others better than myself. That is tough with kids. We were studying humility last night and I think it has more to do with how we view others and less of ourselves. Create situations that cause them to look at others and consider their feelings and then talk about how they should have felt and then how serving made them feel. Always use Jesus as the greatest example of service (John 13). Craig