Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What is YOUR identity?

How many of you out there feel like as you've gotten older have lost your "identity"?
I've been married for 20 years and sometimes I feel like I've lost my identity. I tend to take on the identities of those around me. I'm not me anymore. I'm Angel's mom or Joey's mom, or Mike's wife. I "think" at one time I knew who I was....but now, I have no idea :)
I know as a Christian I am not my own but I am Christ's. But how does one find out who you are after giving so much of yourself away year after year to others? I would think back....what music did I listen to years ago, and why did I stop. Yes, I listened to the Carpenters years ago. I loved that music. I think over the years, no one else liked it so I stopped listening to it.
I know as Christians we are to consider others better than ourselves. We are supposed to put others first. But where do we as individuals in Christ fit in then? I know its healthy to be an individual and have your own interests and likings....How does it all fit together to form a healthy human being?
Please, email me your thoughts on this...

Winter is coming....
Nikki

1 comment:

MarlaQuack said...

I could have written almost the same post. My 21 anniversary will be in 2 weeks. I am finding me in sewing, soap making, and other crafty stuff. Now if I could just make some money at it.