Friday, February 29, 2008

Whats New?

Hi everyone!
I am in the process of gathering my resources to start my preschool program each morning from 8:30 - 11:30. I have developmental skills checklist for 2 years old thru Pre K and try to work with each child to attain those skills before Kindergarden.

I seem to have a problem though.

It seems people are looking down on me. Not sure why....

Yes, I have mostly been a stay at home mom for the past 20 years but during that time, I've had my own daycare business for most of that 20 years. I've been state licensed, state certified and Navy certified. I've also been a big part of my own soap and body care business before where I made and sold items I made.

I know about my own business, I know about teaching as I've been homeschooling for many, MANY years.

I make it my business to know children and when I tell people I have my own daycare, they ask me if I TEACH anything to children????
Teaching is my business and raising these children to be GODLY adults is included. Not only do I teach the basic skills, I run my business like I live my life, to give the glory to God. I let people know that I am a Christian and will run my business likewise which means teaching the Bible and stories in the Bible and character lessons that bring about Godly character.

Just because I don't have a college degree doesn't mean I'm less than someone who does.
Anyway, guess I needed a vent!!
Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

Clint Singer said...

Go for your dreams! Don't worry about anybody else. That's my philosophy. I have a degree and i'm not using it, and people always look down at me. They think selling insurance your supposed to be in an office all day. Atleast that's what the in-laws think. I feel they are looking down at me all the time. Things are starting to pick up, the don't understand the role of an independent agent. I'm independent, Duh! Don't worry about others do what you think is right for you. That's my theory.