Saturday, March 01, 2008

Navy Transition....

Something hit me the other day that never occured to me before.
It was the fact that I won't be moving again in 3 years lol. It may seem very simple to most but for a person who moved 17 times in 20 years, its a big deal.

I was thinking about the friends I've made since moving to Ferry and it occured to me these are the friends I will have for a long time. Its awesome!

I was thinking about Angel's best friend Sydney and it occurred to me that this is someone she will grow up with and won't have to leave again!!!

What a great relief!!!! There are still many transitions that I go thru. Some DAILY.....with Mike retiring from the Navy. But all in all, things are smoothing out alot. God has straightened a path that I thought for a while to be Mt. Everest. God is good.

I am very thankful to be back home after being gone for so long.

I love my church family! Its great knowing I don't have to find another one in 3 years. Of course, I struggle with trying to fit it all in. I want to serve in so many ways in my congregation but I have to serve my family too. Not only take care of my own family but also run my own daycare business. I know with having my own daycare, I serve families who would not have encountered God in any other way. Whether they are here for a few days or a few months, I plan to be the light that some have never even seen!

Be Blessed
Nikki

No comments: