Sunday, March 02, 2008

A bit more personal...

I have this book called Reflections from a Mother's Heart.
Its a bit like a journal but there are things you write about that you would like to preserve for your children. What I am going to TRY to do is write from it on my blog a little ....to give my readers..(however many there are of you lol) a little insight to me.

What was your favorite pastime as a child? Did you prefer doing it alone or with someone else?

What comes to mind is a card game that my Grandma Baker taught me when I was a little girl.
You see, alot of my childhood I lived only a few seconds away from my Grandmothers house.
When I grew up and went back to the old house, it had been torn down but my view of her place and my old house was not what I thought it was. Its great to keep memories because they are a huge part of who we are as individuals.
She and I would play a card game called Nutsie.(not sure if this is the correct spelling)
It was kind like solitaire but it was a game that could be played with more than one person. I couldn't explain to you how it is played but it was something that came to mind when I read the above question.
I preferred playing it with other people. I don't usually like playing games alone anyway.

I challenge you to think about this question a while and find your own favorite pastime as a child also. Why did you enjoy it?

Be Blessed on this beautiful Lord's Day.
Nikki

1 comment:

Db8rMom said...

Greetings Nikki!
As one of the people that you have influenced in your travels, I continue to pray for you and your family. I am joyful that you face "no more moves" and that you are still going strong! You are often in my thoughts. May God keep giving you adventures as part of His awesome plan!!!
Blessings, Leona