Thursday, May 22, 2008

War in Iraq

~~~I really understand this little girls words. It upsets me to hear about people hating the war in Iraq when so many men and women of our OWN country are fighting and HAVE fought for their freedoms and our own on that foreign land.Here is a poem written by a little girl.


War Through The Eyes of A Child

My mommy and daddy have gone to fight,
To do what they know is just and right.

Protestors chant, "No war in Iraq",
While my parents fight to bring freedom back.

Americans sleep safe and snug in their beds,
While my mom and dad endure bombs overhead.

They fight for you and they fight for me,
So that terrorist threats will never be.

Please stop protesting and support the war,
So that my mom and dad can open a door,

To a future where children will only know peace,
Because the bell of freedom will never cease.

Pray for our troops who fight for us all,
So as Americans we may always stand tall.

For the free and the brave we should all take a hand,
To form a circle of love for those who fight in the sand.

My parents sacrifice is their greatest gift of love,
God's hand is safely holding them from heaven's gate above.

Please don't cry a tear for me for this I surely know,
My parents will come home to me to watch me as I grow

~Jenessa Alexis ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.