Tuesday, February 02, 2010

New Beginnings

So many things have changed in my life since I started my blog here. I began this when I moved to Ohio from Virginia when Mike was retiring from the Navy. Now, I've been in Martins Ferry, Ohio for over 3 years now. My kids are growing up like crazy and I have a new baby on top of it all. Michael is now a Wheeling Police Officer, Joey is almost graduated, Tony and Angel are practically teenagers...and Sergio is now 8 weeks old. YIKES!

I love my life....even the hardships I go thru. I've seen time and time again that whatever the world throws at me, God can and HAS gotten me through it. I hope my kids get that from seeing me go through tough times. I want my life that I live on this earth to be a life that people can learn from.

Friends, family, acquaitences, and even strangers...chances to show a bit of God's love and mercy to people who might not get to see any of it otherwise.

Purpose filled life? Each one of us has our own book within us...that we could fill mulitiple pages with our stories of why we live today and what our purposes are?

Start thinking about yours. What is your purpose? What does God want from YOU? And start working to get there.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I read over your other blogs. It was neat catching up with you and your family a bit through them. I look forward to reading more. I'm glad you all are doing so well.

Nikki Vilano said...

Thanks Jackie...Its hard to believe how Facebook has helped so many people keep in contact, even after many years have passed. Seems like you sure keep busy with your boys :) Boys tend to do that!!! Keep in touch and I am humbled you are reading my blog. Hope it doesn't bore you too badly. I love to write!!!

Jackie said...

I thought you were going to blog again. Hope you're all doing well.