Monday, April 09, 2012

New Mission;

I am tired of the debt that we live in. Of course I know everyone has debt of some kind. Its either a mortgage or car payment, student loans etc but we made alot of mistakes in our past with regards to money and its time to change that. I want to be able to spend more time with my family and not have to work 7 days a week from 7am till 10:30 pm. So I am on a mission.
According to Dave Ramsey's way of becoming debt free....it takes some kind of a beginning so this is mine. Going to get a good money program to keep track of my money better. The biggest way to save money for our household is on food so I am in search of a chest freezer!! Brand new they cost around $170. Hoping to find one cheaper than that but its a tax deduction for next years taxes anyway! I already have a Sam's Club membership. Next thing for me is learning to cook cheaply and in bulk to save money. I think this is all very possible. I also want to try to sell my lip balms and soaps . Each one I sell goes into our change jar that once its filled, we count it and mail it to the bill of our choice that we are working to pay off. I have an attic and basement FULL of stuff we are not using so I also plan to try to sell everything there also. It will ALSO go into the jar. Hoping that in about a year...we will be free from creditors (except the mortgage) and I can be pickier on my daycare times and days I work. If any of my readers have any ideas on how to increase my income...or cut costs in ANY ways..please feel free to post. I need all the help we can get. Also, each one of my readers must bathe LOL...so each one of my organic homemade soaps are only $5 per bar and last FOREVER!! :) WIsh me luck and I hope to be able to post often!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Good for you! One of my favorite ways to save money in the kitchen is to make sure nothing goes to waste. I try to make a pot of soup once a week which is a good way to use up those little bits of leftovers. I also freeze vegetable peelings and then when I have enough saved up, I'll simmer them in a big pot of water and make my own vegetable broth (I then freeze it).