Monday, April 16, 2012

Stuff

I am excited today!! As of yesterday I am down 10 pounds!! Part of me wants to say...oh ...well ...its no big deal cause I started off at 186.4. If I want down to my ULTIMATE goal weight of 135 that is like 51 pounds to lose...which means I still have 41 to go BUT let me tell you ....the first 10 pounds is hard for me. Mostly because of the mental aspect of it. Changing habits is mental! Now...I am actually EXCITED about eating my salads and yogurt!! Summer is right around the corner and I've been at this weight now for so long....Its time for a change. I started back my running again yesterday. 1st time in like 3 weeks. When I began training for a 5k I was doing this program on my ipod that starts me running 3 days a week. I run 1 minute and walk briskly for 2. You do that for 33 minutes. Well, week 2 has you running for TWO minutes then walking for 1 and really...with me not running for 3 weeks since I had the flu and bronchitis...I should have started over...but NOOOO....not me. I jumped right in to the week 2 routine and ran 2 minutes and walked 1. It was hard...but I did it. June 9th this is a city race that is a 5k. I meant to run it last year but didn't. I really want to do this. The first and only race was done when I was 40 years old (4 years ago) and I ran a 5k in 39:33. Not quite what I wanted but at least I finished and I still have the t-shirts to show for it LOL. I love LOVE to run. What a great feeling it is!! Nothing like it in the world.


No comments: