Monday, April 16, 2007

Sad Day

Well, Mike just left to head to Virginia Beach. FOR THE LAST TIME AWAY FROM US!!!!
He should return on June 1st. Seeing him drive off was incredibly hard because he wasn't here for very long. But at least the next time he gets home, it will be for good.

We had a nice time as a family as long as he was here.

I have to say something though...

Mike told me that coming home after being away from church for so long was incredible.

He was only able to attend 2 Sunday services but each one brought tears to his eyes. He said that everyone at our congregation was so loving, and welcoming that it was overwhelming. THe sermons were fantastic, the singing brought joy to his soul....THANK YOU NATIONAL ROAD FAMILY!!! You don't know how much that means to our family.

THose of you who haven't ever had to be away from church very long, do not know the hardship on one's spirit to be gone so long.

Please just pray for MIke's safety back to Virginia Beach. I told him to make sure to give a huge round of hugs to everyone from our old congregation at Bayside.

As I sit here, the kids are all still asleep, and Mike is gone and it bring much sadness to my heart.

************************************************************
We have a closing date on our house of May 4th but it might be sooner if we can get all of our paperwork done early enough. On Friday, we have our house inspection and termite inspection done on the house. Hopefully that will go smoothly and the inspector won't find things wrong with the house that would sway our decision to buy it.

************************************************************

Joey leaves on Friday for Bible Bowl. I wish I could join him but then Michael would be without a way to work , and after Mike leaving again, I just can't bear to leave the younger ones again. They aren't dealing very well with dad leaving after only being here a short time!!!

***********************************************************

Well, I will try to get back into blogging more frequently. I have got to learn to still do my normal tasks with Mike being home. Maybe once he is home for good..I can do that.


Be Blessed Everyone
Nikki

No comments: