Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Another day of small habits

It really takes a lot of effort to love ones self.

It has to be intentional. I've gone most of my whole life just flying by the seat of my pants because no one taught me that small intentional habits are an important part of your life and daily structure.

Here I am, going to be 50 years old and I'm JUST now learning this.

I've always just woken up and went by some sort of to do list. Sometimes I would finish it , sometimes I wouldn't. Then the next day, no matter how much I wanted to go by that to do list again, sometimes I would forget because it wasn't a habit to do so.

Creating this new way of life isn't easy. That's why reading this book about creating SMALL itty bitty habits is so important to follow.

This will not be an easy process for me and that is why its important for me to concentrate on this every single day. I won't become the kind of person I need to be, the kind of person, I believe, God wants me to be. 

I believe discipline is good. It should be a part of a Christians life. I believe Jesus was disciplined. That is why , as a Christian, I need to be like Jesus. 

So , these habits I am creating are very important to me. 

Have I failed before when I've tried to do this?

Yes.

Am I terrified of failing again?

YES.

But there is no progress without failing in life. Failures are not always a bad thing. Sometimes they bring about the greatest victories.

One day at a time....




No comments: