Monday, January 09, 2017

Why is exercising so difficult to start

This has been on my mind lately. Here I am ...doing good on my daily tasks etc EXCEPT for exercise.

I have everything I need at my fingertips but haven't stepped onto that treadmill once in months.

My daughter, who really has never been one to exercise has been at the gym for 3 days in a row. Even after working a long shift and she's tired. She JUMPS at the chance to go.

And here I am...doing nothing but THINKING about it.

Here I am beating myself up because I'm THINKING and not DOING.

I guess what I need to do is just DO it.

Get my butt on that treadmill...no thinking....just push the button and GO. I will thank myself later if that is the habit I create every day.

That will create a strong healthy heart.

My mood will increase because of the endorphines created.

I will be healthier because the exercise will move this stagnant blood through the veins and exercise also helps strengthen the immune system.

I will look and feel better!

If I KNOW all of this...why aren't I doing any of it.

I guess it goes back to the over thinking things part.

Today...I will get on that treadmill and work for 30 minutes. Doesn't matter if I'm walking or running. I will stay on there for 30 minutes and pat myself on the back when I am finished!

No comments: