Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday November 17th

Good morning to all you bloggers out there...or blog readers anyway :)

Last night as I lay in bed laying next to my daughter who sleeps with me most of the nights since Mike is gone I couldn't help but to think about each one of my children. My children help me understand the relationship that I have to my own Father in heaven.

As she lays there asleep, she looks so peaceful. My children are such blessings to me and are so dear to my heart. When she wakes up, I tell her that I believe God blessed her today because he woke her up to live another day. Some would say, "oh its just the order of the universe that you sleep and wake up."

I say , "Recognize God in everything you see and do!"

Everytime my dear husband leaves for deployment, I learn so many spiritual lessons. I have to do alot of serious meditation on things around me. Like now, as I write this, my children are still sleeping. So the house is quiet, I am having my cup of coffee and I just finished reading my email from Mike.

I used to wonder what God meant when he said, " Be still , and know that I am God."

I think if you just sit, and listen, you will totally understand what He meant. He is beautiful. He cares for me. He answers prayers...

I mentioned in my bible class that Mike was recieving alot of persecution at work, not only for his faith but he works incredibly hard and his superiors only give him grief. Well, prayers were finally answered and he recieved " A job well done " 5 times yesterday from someone who he would least expect it from. THank you God !!

Being a Navy wife is difficult sometimes. Lately, its been really rough. When Mike is here, the kids do NOT fight like they do when he is gone. It is soooo hard to deal with. Because of being homeschooled, they don't get many breaks from each other like those in public school do. My kids are around each other constantly. Yes, i know that since we've just moved things are a bit more hectic and I need to still let them adjust ....but know this....IT TOTALLY STINKS!!!
I can't imagine the life of a real single parent!! My life is like one when Mike is gone because I don't tell him much about when the kids are acting terribly. What can he do? Nothing really so I try to handle it the best way I can which tends to be not good at all lol. I'm too nice, I don't stick to what I say and I get manipulated way to easily!!!! Yes, i can admit it. Oh well, a few more months to go and I don't have to worry about this kind of stuff anymore.

Ok, my blog is called Nikki's Ramblings and that is what my post has been today. A mixture of my thoughts...but all about different things.

Be Blessed Today and Give God the thanks He so richly deserves!!! He gave you the eyes to read this and the brain to understand the thoughts.
Nikki

No comments: