Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday November 5th

Its 11pm as I write this but I had a nap this afternoon and felt like I wanted to say hi to everyone...or ANYONE who might be interested in my blog ...LOL...



I've had alot on my mind lately with tomorrow marking the 1 month mark that my best friend has been gone. He says.." only 5 more to go" like that isn't a long time :(

Now that my move to Ohio is over, and things are settling down, my mind is on him more and more and especially with the holidays coming. It does make it easier being around family for the first holidays in a long time but without him here, its just not the same.

Don't get me wrong, everyone here has welcomed me and my family with open arms and for that I am thankful. I am trying to think of what a big party it will be when he comes home.

If you don't mind, please keep me in prayer as I try to get more involved with the youth at church. I think alot of people, when they get to a new church, expect things to be just like where you came from. When its not, people are dissappointed. I say JUMP IN!! I have two boys who are 18 and 14 that really don't know many people here. So, I am hoping to help change that by hosting a youth devo at my house sometime, having a game party/get together so people can come over and get a glimpse into " their world"!!

I look back over the years and I can see how much God has changed my life thru the difficult times that I've had to go thru. Its amazing how much I've grown. No credit on my part though. God is good and gracious and merciful.

I want to post a poem I wrote in honor of someone very close to me who is hurting.
Its my prayer that God will call her heart to HIM!!

Thank you God for friends and servants of you who are willing to do YOUR work for the kingdom...



Desperate Prayer


Dark Pit
Tears falling
Lord can’t you hear her calling?

Pain and hurt
From years gone by
Lord, can’t you hear her cry?

Hatred, anger
Wounded deeply
Lord, can’t you hear her weeping?

Touch her heart
I know you care
Lord, can’t you hear her prayer?

Open heart
Surgery needing
Lord, can’t you hear her pleading?

Waiting, praying
Comforter sent
Lord, can’t you hear her lament?

Broken , fallen
Her spirit calling
Lord, please call her home!!!

No comments: