Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday November 9th

Lets talk about our kids.

I'm very humbled that my 18 year old son is not embarrassed of me.
I talk to his girlfriend, I talk with his friends on IM and on the phone. Where else do you know of an 18 year old who is that comfortable with his mom.

What a blessing....

Now the thought...

How comfortable are we with God? Do we talk to Him like he is a million miles away...like He is unreachable????

God wants a relationship with us....

Do you know what that entails...spending time....getting to know....

Just like it takes TIME to get to know your kids, it takes Time and effort to get to know God.

We do not want to be ashamed to be in Gods presense as I don't want my son to be ashamed of me.

It means opening up people...

God knows us yes...but somehow,,,when we OPENLY reveal something, audibly, OUTLOUD, its very humbling...

Lets take a step closer to being a REAL daughter and son with our FaTher :)

No comments: