Monday, January 22, 2007

Different Views

I have found myself greatly apologizing to sooo many people since yesterday's BIG snow .
I have found that the majority of people here do NOT like the snow fall we got.
So, I kept saying, " I'm sorry, this must be my fault because I have been asking for snow for a long time."

But then I stopped to think...why apologize. I didn't do anything wrong. God knows what beauty is in the falling snow. Yes, it might make our lives a bit slower....but is that really a bad thing?

I've noticed alot lately that when the weather is not "sunny and 70.." then people are calling the weather Yucky. I don't do that anymore. I try to look at the change of weather as a blessing from God because He knows we need variables in our lives. I believe he gave us seasons for change and beauty. Can we try to see the beauty in all of creation? Even when the weather doesn't suit our needs at the time?

Calling all Christians, look for the beauty even in the things that to us may seem "unpleasing to the eye."

____________________________________________________________

Thank God the Massey's made it back safe and sound. So many people missed that family and they were only gone a week :)
THank God Shaylyn is feeling better too...and Pray that no one else in that family gets ahold of that bug.

_________________________________________________________________

Well, I'm off to bed. Its almost the end of January which brings us to February.....DEPLOYMENT ALMOST OVER!!!

Be blessed,
Nikki

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these verses. I agree...it is God's way of getting us to stay home and slow down. We don't do it on our own..so He forces us to rest.

Job 37:6 - For He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth’;...

Job 37:9 - From the chamber of the south comes the whirlwind,
And cold from the scattering winds of the north.

Job 37:10 - 10 By the breath of God ice is given,
And the broad waters are frozen.

Job 38:29-30 - From whose womb comes the ice?
And the frost of heaven, who gives it birth?
The waters harden like stone,
And the surface of the deep is frozen.

Psalm 74:17 - You have set all the borders of the earth;
You have made summer and winter.

Psalm 147:16-17 - He gives snow like wool;
He scatters the frost like ashes;
He casts out His hail like morsels;
Who can stand before His cold?

Isaiah 55:10-11 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Nikki Vilano said...

I am so glad you put those verses there. They are absolutely beautiful to think about....

Maybe thinking about where all of our snow and ice comes from will help be in wonder of the beauty of the winter-ness, instead of dreading it.

Clint Singer said...

Hey we arkansans have been dodged twice by two snow storms. We want snow,2 feet if possible. Soon it will be 100 degrees and everybody will be griping about the heat. People and weather there is no compromise between the two. Nikki this is Clint, John's cousin in Arkansas. We haven't seen snow in 2 years. We're deprived!

Nikki Vilano said...

Yeah, we humans always think its greener on the other side....
I need to just try to enjoy what God has given instead of complaining.

As I get older, I find myself less "grumbling". From all the things I've learned over the 20 years my husband has been in the Navy is making the most of each moment given to us. Whether is rain, snow, sleet, sunshine, 20 degrees or 90....God is in control of it all ...
Hey Clint...I read your blog often..Keep up the great writing.