Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday January 12th


Friends....

I was reading John's blog about friendship and I want to write today about the friends you make in Christ.

When I was growing up I had a few really close friends. Over the years, since life moves us in different directions, those friendship kinda fizzled out. I tried my best to keep in contact with people but what I found was I was the one doing all the contacting. They never made an effort to keep in close contact with me. SO ...I did a little test. I quit calling and wanted to see if they would get the picture...that they needed to put forth the effort too. THey did not.

So, hard as it was, I let it go.

Christian friendship are so incredibly different!!! I've had friends that I made after my husband and I became Christians that I still have today. I might not see them all of the time, but they are there for me and I for them.

I try to look at each person I meet as a potential friendship.

I hear from each congregation I go to, that there is usually one thing missing. People knowing you enough to help bear your burdens in this life. People don't want to tell others that everything isn't FINE.....unless they know you really well. Well, that takes time and energy and most people nowadays don't have alot of time to pursue friendships...not the kind that God wants anyway. Everyone is sooo busy just trying to take care of their families...

I want to encourage you to let those that mean alot to you....let them KNOW IT!!!!

The Masseys....all of you guys...I LOVE YA!!! How you made this transition to Ohio for my family so easy is just a blessing from God. Our family is blessed to know you guys!!!

My friends from Virginia Beach, the Emery's....that family made my time in Virginia Beach a blessed time as well. Love ya!!!!

The Komar's.....I love you guys too!!! We miss Virginia beach so badly sometimes....and if it wasn't for the HATRED of driving 8 hours, me and the kids probably would have made a trip down there a FEW Times to visit in the past 3 months lol.

THe Farleman's from New York...we have known them from the time we became Christians. THey are soo very dear to our hearts...I wish I could keep in better contact with them. But we love you guys too!!!

THe Hackworths...HUGS MELANIE!!!!!!!

Well, these are just a couple that come to mind. Let me encourage you all to take time to let those near to you to tell them how you feel and how you appreciate them.

Call just to say hi....Call to see how their week has been....IT doesn't take a 20 minute conversation to let someone know they are being thought of.

Be Blessed today . Look around...you already are...
Nikki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Your family is so friendly and easy to love. You may have only been here a few months but your kids have become special friends to mine. I admire and respect you ,Nikki. I realize our friendship is just beginning, but sometimes I feel like I've known you forever. You are a HUGE encouragement to me. We will be leaving to go copy more Bible class stuff in TN this week. I won't see you until next week, but after reading your blog, I wanted to let you know how blessed I feel too have your family as a family friend. I love ya!
Sally