Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Open and shut doors?

THis is a topic that has been on my mind alot lately.
You see, when my 18 year old son left a job in Virginia to move to Ohio with us, I thought for sure he would have NO TROUBLE finding a job. Of course, he only needed something until the family business opened up in the summer but I thought that Wendy's or McD's would hire in an instant. Hmm....but all doors remained shut. Not one call, nothing.

WHat he was really hoping for was a job at DQ since that is where he already has his experience at but the DQ here in our town doesn't open until Feb or so. He and I just sit and wait ....patiently ;)

But yesterday, I saw a sign at our local DQ, saying that they were taking applications. Gave address to send name and address to. Hmm....could this be it? So, his information was sent out this morning.

How hard is it to sit and wait to see what God has planned?

Do we wonder why some doors that to our human understanding, haven't opened?

I know everything is under the control of our Almighty, and He cares about us and knows what is best for us. I trust Him to make the choices for me. I know that sometimes, I have to make a choice with the information that is presented to me at the time but ultimately I leave it in His hands.

Sometimes when I sit down and its quiet here...(very rare moment) I wonder at all God has done in my life. Its exciting to see a growth in myself spiritually over the years to help me know I'm on the right track.

God used a terrible time in my life to bring me to my knees to open up my heart to give in to let Him work what needed to be worked in my life. Since that time, my depression and anxiety disorder all but disappeared, my marriage turned completed around , and everything else in my life went from dusk to DAWN!!

Trust God to work. Let Him do the job only He can do. Sometimes we have to get out of His way.....

Be Blessed Today
comments? vilano6@comcast.net
Nikki

No comments: