Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Positive and Negative Thoughts

I have to share with you something that happened to me this morning.
First, let me tell you that I've been in a bummed out mood for about two days. Call it hormones or stress or missing Mike, maybe all three who knows....but I've been whiney and grumpy.

I had a situation with a daycare parent this morning that just topped it all off and when I was emailing my husband about it, I realized how bad I sounded.

So, I started to write things that were good here. How thankful I was, how blessed I was, and how good the kids and I were doing otherwise.

My MOOD STARTED TO CHANGE!!! Its amazing...
I mean, I wasn't jumping for joy or doing somersaults or anything but I woke up feeling so bad...that changing my thoughts from negative to positive changed my mood from negative to positive!

THe evil one wants us to be mad and angry and let things keep us from our joy in Christ.
Here is my question...WHY LET HIM?

We do have a choice DAILY how we react to situations.
How we react can be the choice between sin and not sin.

Anyway, I hope you are encouraged to keep the faith, not let the things in life burden you and keep you down because we must try to rejoice in all things. God works for the good of those who love HIM!!

I am so thankful that I have a wonderful family and a husband who is out there fighting for freedom for those he loves.
I am thankful for a son (who is almost 18) and I've never had any real teenage trouble with him and he and I are such good friends ..good enough friends that I can step on his toes once in a while and he doesn't get TOO mad at me lol.

No comments: