Friday, March 30, 2007

Disturbing book on NYC best seller list

THE SECRET, by Rhonda Byrne

Walking in the mall with Michael the other day, our stroll brought us to Waldenbooks.
As he went his way, I decided to see what books were on the bestsellers list. I came across the above book...hmmm The Secret? Wonder what was the secret?

As I looked thru, and jumped to the end...I realized this book was disturbing to say the least. From what I read, it seemed to me that this book was about the religion of SELF. The world is all about me, the birds sing for me, life is all about me. You can achieve anything you want to if you just believe in yourself. It made me sick. I felt like the book was burning my hands and I had in my hands a book from the devil. Yeah, maybe I was exaggerating a bit but thats how I felt. It was horrible. No way would I spend the money God has blessed me with on a book like this.

As you guys have probably learned, anytime we try to do things OUR way, we learn how much our need for God is.

My husband has had alot of time to think being away for so long. He tells me often that we need to keep our priorities straight. When you do, you can allow God to guide your life. When you put your trust in the ONLY ONE WHO MATTERS ANYWAY, then God will guide your life in a way that will bring Glory to him .

We are made to bring glory to God. Remember that whatever you do today.
Did what I do put a smile on God's "face"?

I hope that the things I say and do, please my Lord.

Cause its the only thing that matters!!!
Nikki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you aware that Oprah Winfrey touts this book and its teaching on her show?