Monday, March 05, 2007

Winds of Change?

Yes, lately I've been writing alot about change because change , in my life, is what I've had foremost on my mind.

Having to get a part time job outside the home, (unless I can fulltime babysitting work in my home) has been a tough thing for me to grasp. Even my oldest son, Michael, told his girlfriend, " I can't believe my mom is getting a job!" hahaha. You see, its been 14 years since working outside the home.

But I know that we need the extra help financially right now. And it looks like instead of drawing unemployment for a while, my husband will need to find full time work starting June 1st . Hopeing he can get on with a local landscaping company. He said he would love doing that since he's been so cooped up on a ship for so long.

But with less than one month to go till Mike comes home, and all of these other changes that are taking place, I've had alot on my mind.

But no matter what, God is in control. He already knows what is in our future and what job Mike will get. We have to make this pizza thing work in order to secure a future for our children someday. But guess what, God knows that too. I have believed that He brought us here for a specific purpose. And by faith I know that He will provide Mike a job, Michael a car when he needs one, me a part time (or maybe full time in home) job, great Christian character in my kids, and any of the other needs that arise in our lives. We believe in something that isn't seen but faith is what drives us. We see thru our faith and God provides for us in so many ways which creates stronger faith in Him.

Don't worry, with all of the changes happening, I haven't forgotten who's in the drivers seat. :)
I'm just acting like a backseat driver sometimes....and I can only imagine how annoying that can be to God :) I'm thankful he's patient with me...

Be Blessed
Nikki

No comments: