Saturday, March 24, 2007

What does the number 10 mean to YOU?

I don't know what that number means to you, if anything at all....but to me it means relief!
You see, not counting today, we have 10 days (and don't forget the wake-up) until Mike is home.
That number is a huge count down number to me and my kids.

Its relief knowing he is out of harms way.

Its relief knowing that my best friend is once again at my side.

Most seem to think that I have it sooo together. I've gotten comments that I seem to have it all together...boy am I misleading lol.

You see, I have learned coping skills.

Reality is this, I get nervous about decisions I make.

My anxieties get out of whack alot of days.

Each thing that falls upon my shoulders is like the weight of the world to me. I know Mike expects me to take care of things at home. So I take that responsibility very serious. Probably more serious than I should. I make sure things are absolutely taken care of.

I am always trying to better things. My house, my self, my kids. So on top of doing my daily stuff, I put other responsibilities on myself..dieting...exercising...buying a house, working a part time job....What am I doing? Am I TRYING to find my breaking point? hahahahaha.

It sure might look like it, heck, it looks that way to me...but another way to look at it is this.

If we don't stretch ourselves some, we won't know how flexible we can be!!!!!

I try to look at it like I'm stretching my skills to see what I'm capable of.

But sometimes, I think I push myself too far.

Anyway, those times are just about done. Once Mike gets home, we start the process for the house loan thru the VA. I can't wait till the day we get the notice that all is approved and we do the closing and things are fine and dandy and we get the keys to the house. Of course, all locks will need to be changed lol....but hey, its ours right?

Hopefully we will be at church Sunday. Tony is still not quite feeling 100%. He is eating..but still pretty weak. Michael isn't feeling 100% either. Boy I want all these sicknesses to go away.
*************************************************

Wow, I forgot to write yesterday and congratulate myself! Yesterday March 23rd, was the one year mark for my blogging!!!! I start alot of things and quit....but I've managed to keep with this for a whole year. Of course, I've had some help from John every once in a while reminding me to write something lol.

If anyone has the time to write a little daily, a blog is great. Its been very theraputic for me. Sometimes I have something "important" to say, and sometimes I just write to see myself write lol. I have moments like that. But I love to write and hope to someday write a book. (am I stretching again?)



Bless someone today...
Nikki

No comments: