Thursday, December 14, 2006

An email that will encourage you

I have asked Mike if it was ok to put his email up on my blog.
We have been discussing making plans and having back up...
This email brought tears to my eyes. What faith he has....The following is from Mike:

I always try to be wise as I can be about things and have a backup plan. If you don’t you only ask for trouble. I trust God to take care of us, and I think He would want me to try to be prudent about things and I just try to do my best, but my plans are always contingent on His guidance, and I will accept whatever He thinks is best, even when I don’t always see it. So all I can say is if the Lord is willing we will go to this city (Ferry) and do this or that (Dicarlo’s) and make money (if he allows it) or go here or there (Dahlgren) and do this or that (find another job). I trust God, all I am saying is I don’t trust myself. Things will only work out if he allows it. He knows what is best, and I only think I know what is best, I make plans but ask His guidance because my plans are flawed.

It may seem to you like I always have good plans and things always seem to work out, this is because my plans are not my own and I am made perfect in the weakness of my inability to see the future, that’s why trusting in God is the only answer, and he has chosen at times to bless our plans and sometimes things don’t seem to work out but in the end His plan is always better and things in the long run are better than we could have anticipated. Don’t think it’s because I am that good, the best plans are subject to God’s will. At times we have had to ask for the help of the Church, and at other times we have helped other brothers and sisters when we had opportunity and plenty to give, and this is God’s will because I don’t think he would want any of us to be so proud as to think that what we have is of our own doing. Our health, our skills, our plans, our fortune, our misfortune are for our own good, whether to learn a lesson or prevent us from being proud of our own accomplishments, and in it all may He have the glory and thanks He deserves.

My life is nothing really, I live to serve him in poverty or wealth and I will accept whatever he gives me, I only ask for his strength and forgiveness so that I can be in heaven someday, nothing else really matters.

Of course I wish the same for my family, and in turn the Church and all mankind.


No comments: