Sunday, December 10, 2006

Just a thought...

Well, I was watching 7th Heaven tonight and after watching Mr. Camden be given extra time on earth because of all the good that was done by him while living.....It made me think....

Could it be that what we do in life, can give us more time to do more good?

I wonder if someday once all is revealed in Heaven, if I will find out that if I would not have become a Christian when I did (which resulted in all 4 of my kids being baptized believers) what my life span would have been.

You see, life ...living means alot to me. I cherish it actually.

My mom died when she was 33 years old of Ovarian cancer. I was 11 and my sister was 6.
Ever since my mother died, I have learned to REALLY cherish the time I have with my kids. I try to do good wherever I go because I know that none of us really know how long we have here anyway and I want to raise Godly children and be a Godly helper to my husband.

Anyway, even IF there is a chance that God has given me the gift of "more time" with my family, I can only pray and say thank you...and that I will try to do my best glorifying Him in all I say and do.

Be Blessed Today....
Nikki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe the following can help some.

God has as specific purpose for creating man (Rom 8:28), calls men to that purpose (Rom 8:29) and works all things together for that purpose (Eph 1:11).

God has another purpose in working with his enemies. After the cross, the Father put Jesus at his own right hand and is putting Jesus’ enemies under his feet (Ps 110:1). Jesus will continue to reign until all of his enemies are under his feet (1 Cor 15:24-26). God has designated ‘a time’ for a wicked person to die (Eccl 7:17). The wicked can be put under Jesus’ feet more quickly if they give themselves over to overmuch wickenedness.

For example, God worked with Pharaoh in Moses’ time and until he was a vessel ‘fitted’ for destruction (Rom 9:22). When there was no hope that Pharaoh could be saved, then God raised him up in power and glory (Rom 9:17). Then when he destroyed Pharaoh in the Red Sea, the whole world paid attention because of how great God had made him.

God works with the righteous to form the heart of Christ in them (Lk 6:40; Phil 2:13) until his work is finished (Phil 1:6). God kept Paul on earth while he was running the race (1 Cor 9:24-27; Phil 3:9-14). When Paul finished the race, then it was time for God to take him from the earth (2 Tim 4:7-8). If we love God, then when he is finished his work with us we will be more than willing to leave this world to go to be with him (Phil 1:23). If we love this world more than we love God, we will not be saved (1 Jn 2:15-17). If we love the people of this world more than God, we are his enemies (Jas 4:4). If we love father, mother, sister, brother or anyone else more than Christ, we are not worthy of him (Matt 10:34-37). If we would rather stay here on earth with our loved ones more than going to be with him, we might have a problem. We should be his servants, not men’s (1 Cor 7:23). He has purchased us with his own blood (Act 20:28), so we belong to him. We should love him with all our heart, soul, and mind (Mtt 22:26-37). No one can love us more than he can. We should respond to that love (1 Jn 4:19).