Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years Eve

Good afternoon!
As I sat down to write in my blog today, I had to really think a few minutes about how I wanted to end my "blogging" year. This was the year that I started my blog(why is it that I cringe when I say the word blog..) and I wanted to end the year in a way that would bring glory to God.

SO, here goes...

In 2006, I am thankful for!!!!

Count your blessings, Name them one by one, Count your blessings, see what God has done, count you blessings , name them one by one....count your many blessings see what God has done.

(these are in no specific order)

1. My daycare I had in Virginia beach.
2. My friends in Virginia beach but there are a few I would like to mention by name.
Nancy, my music director, Becky, Crystal and her girls who were like sisters -and mom- to my daughter, Brad and Steven who were friends with Tony, John (becky's husband) who watched my kids many times when Becky took me and one of my kids to the ER), DR (crystal's husband ) who was always so great with my Joey, Ernel and Chriss for being great landlords, Mike for preaching the word of God so boldly at Bayside, the eldership at Bayside.
3. I am thankful for Mike and my kids. God gave me the best family in the world.
4. The Massey's...yes , the whole lot of them for making the transition to Ohio such an easy success!!!
5. My landlord at the house I rent now. Good man who without him, I would not have this house we live in.
6. I am thankful for my house I have. It may be small but its really nice and after the other fiasco's I had, this is a dream!!
7. I am thankful for Donna ( my mother in law) who is more of a friend than an inlaw and I love her like my own mother.
8. I am thankful for homeschooling another year and for my oldest son Michael graduating this year.
9. I'm thankful for Allison, for being such a sweet young lady.
10.I'm thankful that God allowed all things to work smoothly for Sweet Inspiration to make their CD and the success of it!!!! Many people are and will be blessed by that ministry.
11. I'm thankful for the youth group at Bayside and how my kids gained such awesome friendships there.
12. I'm thankful that the opportunity came open for a family business that brought us back to my husbands home town after 20 years!!!
13. I'm thankful for all the people on Mike's ship who play music with him
14. I'm thankful for every military person out there fighting for our country.
15. I am thankful for the gift of writing that God has given me. Not saying that I'm good at writing but at the ability I have to write my thoughts down and hopefully bless others by what I write.
16. I am thankful for Sandy and Denise who helped the process of moving back to Ohio.
17. I am thankful for restoration of relationship that I have seen over the past couple of months.
18. I am thankful for my sons girlfriend's parents. If anything more serious comes of their relationship, what a blessing to have great inlaws.
19.I am thankful for 19 years of wonderful marriage to a man who is the best man in the world and best father to our kids and my best friend forever!!! Never will their be another like him in this whole world.
20. I am thankful for Jesus for WILLING to go to the cross for me. Anyone can be MADE to do something, but to do something WILLINGLY....that is love.

Well, I know there are many more I can mention and as the day goes on ...and draws near midnight, I will probably be adding to the list.

Have a comment? I would love to hear from you.
You can email me at
vilano6@comcast.net

Be Blessed everyone!!!!
Nikki

No comments: