Thursday, December 21, 2006

Flu bug at the Vilano's...

Well, since last Saturday someone in my household has had the old nasty stomach flu bug. Started out with Tony, my 10 year old. I was trying to cook for a potluck last Saturday and Tony got sick. Of course with him being sick , Michael, my 18 year old stayed home with him Sunday. Sunday evening I didn't make it to church services but had to come to youth devotional afterwards because I had agreed to provide the food for crazy hungry teens!!!!
Since then, its been thru me...(big baby when sick) and now my son Michael has it. Joey has just been tired and so far it hasn't touched Angel at all. But wait...Christmas is just around the corner...I would not be surprised if it gets her Christmas eve!!!

Anyway, other than that things are well here in our house. Most of my shopping is done. I have to do some stocking stuffers "stuff" yet but we are pretty much done.

This time of year makes it hard for us with Mike being gone. I haven't even heard his voice since he left Oct 5th!!! Yes, I've gotten plenty of email...no problem in that department, but actually hearing his voice.../sigh.

I also had planned to do school up until today BUT that bad bug changed my plans.
So we will start up again on January 2nd. If my kids keep on the ball, most of their subject could be done by May!!!

Here in Ohio, we are still waiting on a real snowfall. No snow for Christmas but I hope to see some soon after. Its one of the biggest things I was excited about with moving from Virginia !!

Sweet Inspirations new CD "For His Glory" has been mailed!!! This is our first CD. I was part of this CD process and I am so excited to hear the finish product since I will probably never be a part of another one. Sweet Inspiration is a ladies singing group ministry at Bayside Church of Christ in Virginia bEach. We do things like sing at nursing homes, shut ins, Christmas shows at the mall...stuff like that. Leaving that group to move was one of the hardest things I've had to do. I miss them sooo much!!! But the group is sooo talented!!!!!

Well, that is my update for today. Sorry....no great words of wisdom or anything today. Just the happenings at my house and in my life.

Be Blessed
Nikki

No comments: