Saturday, December 09, 2006

Saturday December 9th

Here is an article that caught my eye on www.cnn.com..

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/12/08/im.poll.ap/index.html

One question popped into my mind....how can a parent NOT know their way around AIM or Yahoo Messenger or ICQ? If their children are chatting, then parents really need to know their way around these too.

There are ways to check archives to see what was said....some call it "snooping"....and I call it preventive parenting :)

Of course, I respect the privacy of my kids but I am not nieve to the point to think that everything they do or say is always right.

I hear alot of parents say that they don't know their way around a computer and really don't care too either. I challenge parents to learn if their kids know their way around a computer .
Here are some advantages....

1. You might be able to surprise your kids that you actually could HELP them with their computer homework from school. I love to always surprise my kids with my elite parenting skillz lol.

2. If you know your way around computer games...then maybe you might like to play the same games they do and then another generation gap is bridged and you might become the "cool parent" in your kids' eyes :)

3. Learn the jargon for online chatting on AIM or ICQ or Yahoo Messenger. Then you might understand what your teenager is actually typing to one of his friends...

That is just a few advantages...

Take the plunge...
Be blessed!!!

Nikki

No comments: