Thursday, February 08, 2007

Disappointing moments

Something struck my interest from Bible Class last night.

A topic came up on what do we do when disappointments come our way?

How do we handle it?

Well, for myself, I know that disappointment is relative to our expectations.

I have to balance that word ....

I try to not have too high of expectations because I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist anyway.
When it comes to my kids, my expectations are high and if they aren't meant, it bothers me.

I wonder what my life is going to be like in a couple of months when my husband comes home.
But I don't focus on it so much that Satan starts to put thoughts in my head that I might put high expectations on the homecoming and retirement. I've learned many , many lessons the hard way over the years to take life in stride.

When something comes along that may pose as a disappointment to me, I do my best to let it affect me for like ...hmm....long enough to give it to God. THen its not mine anymore and God owns it , not me. I can't change whatever happened anyway. Why let it bother me? Yes, sometimes, its alot easier to "blog" than to practice. But letting go and letting God is something I really try to put into practice.


Remember, we are told to pick up our cross and follow God but who is giving us the super - human strength it takes to carry it around daily? Only God can give that to us. But the strength is there....you have to be willing to open yourself up enough to utilize it. It can make you vunerable....ready for the challenge???

Be Blessed
Nikki
Comments? vilano6@comcast.net

No comments: