Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Valentine

First let me say Happy Valentines Day. Today is the day so many people take the time to show their love for the special someone in your life. Look in every store and you see the colors of red, pink and white that symbolizes the coming of this day. Today I want to focus my attention on the one special person in my life.

My husband ....

Mike is the best of the best. Am I expected to say that...well no...I am honest and try to be completely honest with myself and others. He has taught me that. Don't play games, just tell it like it is....

Mike and I have been together since we were teenagers. We got married young, had children young and still are young at heart. So many people didn't think we would last cause we had much opposition. Well, we thrive on opposition. As Christians, we are opposed in many ways of our lives but we persevere.
For Mike and I to have gotten where we are today in our relationship is a blessing from God. With the Navy seperation such a huge obstacle in our lives, I think we are doing great. He is my best friend in the world and I feel that even after almost 20 years of marriage, we are still in love. I still get butterflies in my tummy when waiting for an email to come thru, or a call. Many said those butterflies would turn into dragons...lol...not for me. I still look at him with my rose colored glasses on...I see him as a man who is seeking God in his life daily and striving to live the kind of life God wants him to.
Mike and I don't believe in just giving special gifts once a year...we believe that every day is a gift from God and we should show those we love that kind of love every day.
Mike is so very gifted. He can do anything...ANYTHING. If he hasn't done it before, he can read about it and just do it. He is an amazing man with such wisdom about so much. I've struggled for years to understand him. I couldn't see past how "I" saw things to see his point of view but over the past couple of years, I can see his point of view alot better and understand where he is coming from.
He is talented with computers, art, and music (can play keyboard, guitar, bass, AND DRUMS, and sing).He is a talented writer and speaks so eloquently. He has such wonderful leadership qualities that spill over into his daily life. He is a great leader in the Navy and at home with our family.
He is a fantastic husband. He takes time out for me. He takes time to listen to me. He cares about what I think and what I have to say.
He is a fantastic father. The kids absolutely adore their dad. He plays with them and his interests focus on what he can do with all of us.

He is not with us today physically, but know that he is in each one of our hearts. I miss him but I know that each day that passes brings us another day closer to never having to do this ever again.

Will Mike read this...hmmm not sure as I don't think he keeps up with the "blog" thing, but I just wanted others to know how I feel about this wonderful man!
Be Blessed
Nikki
Comments: vilano6@comcast.net

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Nikki! It's Jennifer from SistersOnline....found your link and thought I'd come visit you. I have been blogging for quite a while myself...love to hear myself talk, ha ha ;) Come visit me sometime...and I will be back to visit you again :)